The Bossa Nova

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Marriage Proposal- please read carefully

I thought everyone should know the news...
I was just reminded when talking to a friend yesterday that this had happened since I'd written last!
Alisha and I were riding in a moto- taxi to visit one of the youth and the drvier asked us where we were from and how he could get there. I said you have to get a visa, paid him and we were on our way to a Peruvian's house. A few minutes later he returns to the house and asks the mother to call me out to talk to him. He says will you marry me and I'll pay you to take me to the states! I said no I'm sorry I have another year here and I'm not in that business. He asked me if I had any friends that would be interested, I said no. The mother mentioned our team leader, el pastor, and I said yeah, you're welcome to come to church on Sunday and talk to Mark. I said the best way I know how to get to the States is to work really hard, save your money and get a visa there. So I can't say I haven't ever been proposed to now! It lacked a little romance! but is a great blog material!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home